Wednesday 10 July 2013

Dragonfly Card

Hi Bloggerists all this talk of butterflies gave me the bug (joke - sorry not a very good one I know lol), so I decided to get out an old stamp that I have not used for some time.




 This was done on an A4 black card which was covered with Crafty Notions mica sprays and folded to create the blank.
The topper was decorated by stamping with Perfect Medium and heat embossed with clear powder. I then used Art Quest mica paints to colour the design.
I stamped onto parchment paper with a bubble style stamp from Dimension Fourth.
The paper under the parchment was screwed up, opened up then painted with Starburst Stains to create colour and texture. This can be left as it is or ironed.
The embellishments were made by stamping the design onto shrink plastic, coloured then shrunk.
The net is from B&Q and is plastering scrim. I coloured this with the mica sprays.
 
The insert was blue paper which was sprayed with the mica sprays and the border created with a small dragonfly stamp.

The front was trimmed to shape it and the cut edge attached to the inside section then trimmed with a strip of the parchment.
I completed this with metal dragonfly charms, a Dragonfly Dreams stamped tag  and brads.
Hope you like it and if you have any questions or comments, please leave a message.
 
Angela x

1 comment:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Another gorgeous creation, loving the purples you have been using. I just love Dragonflys and the charms are so lovely. hugs Heidi x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10