Monday 28 April 2014

Masterboard Card Ideas

Hi Blogging Buddies,  following my post on Wednesday I decided to use the background paper I made using the Art Quest Mica Paints and this is the result.
This is the Masterboard as seen on Wednesday, instructions for making it are to be found on the posting.

 
I decided to stamp my chosen focal point onto Vellum and then heat embossed the image.
This stamp is from the 'Taste of India' set by Sheena Douglas.

 
You can see from above that I have highlighted sections of the flower. This is done by turning the vellum over and with a ballpoint tool, rub the area very gently as too much pressure could make a hole.
This causes the vellum to turn white which can clearly be seen on the right side.

 
I also stamped a birthday sentiment and heat embossed it.
Next, I matted and layered the flower and the background paper with blue and gold card, reflecting colours from the Masterboard which are slightly visible under the vellum.
I added ribbon, brads and gems to complete the design.

 
Just thought I would show you this.
As the background paper was so nice I have only attached the brads at the top so that the vellum lifts to reveal the colours beneath.

 
And finally a close-up of the flower which also shows the positioning of the gems.

 
 
I shall definitely be making this background effect again.
 
Hope you liked it too.
 
Happy Crafting,
Angela x

1 comment:

Redanne said...

All the way through I was thinking 'please don't cover up that gorgeous background' - and then I saw that you had left the bottom free - yay! This is such a lovely way to use that gorgeous Masterboard Angela, it is really very beautiful and I love your gorgeous card too. Hugs, Anne xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10