Monday 21 April 2014

Masterboard Monday.

Hi Blogging friends  happy Easter to you all.
I have the new stamp and embossing set from Sheena Douglas, A Taste of India, so couldn't resist giving them a try.
These are the stamps in the set.


I often use A3 cartridge paper for my Masterboards which I have used for this project but it depends what you intend using it for. You need to remember that some cartridge paper can be quite thin so it is only suitable for certain techniques that will not wet the paper too much.
When adding colour, I tend to dry it between applications.
Before I add any stamping or other detail, I like to place it under my cutting mat which is quite heavy, when you come back to it the paper is nice and flat.

For this project I started off by stamping the leaves with clear embossing ink and clear embossing powder.
This will leave the design with areas of white when the projects finished.




 Next I added the colours using a Big and Juicy Hydrangea ink pad.
Left this to dry and then stamped the leaves again with the clear ink and embossing powder so that this time when the design is finished you will see the colours.

 
 
I buffed up the leaves with a soft cloth. Because they have been embossed the cloth will remove the excess ink from the leaves and make them shine.

I then added brown distress ink all over which brings out the colours beneath very clearly.
I decided to cut the A3 paper in half and then used two of the embossing folders to finish the masterboard.
I added brown stazon to the embossed areas.

 
These are close-ups showing the finished designs.  




 
The papers are now ready to be used for a product.
 
Hope you like my first efforts with these stamps and embossing folders and I will be back soon with
some card samples I have made.
 
Happy Crafting,
Angela x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10