Monday 18 August 2014

Masterboard Monday.

A big welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Blogging Buddies  hope you have had a nice weekend.
This week's Masterboard is technique based.
I happened to be looking through some of my stash and found some dies by Paper Artsy that I haven't used for a while so thought I would have a play.
Not knowing quite where this would take me, I started by die-cutting some of the shapes.
Which I attached to a piece of card. See below.

 
I ended up with a piece of A4 card with lots of holes.
Now that has got to be useful LOL!

 
I wanted to experiment so also cut some slightly thicker pieces with corrugated card. As you can see anything can be used, this is old packaging.

 
I tried these out for embossing but it might be easier to see if I colour them.
 
Embossed side.

 
Debossed side.

 
Also had a go at using the negative sheet as a stencil with ink sprays.

 
And finally, I applied embossing paste through the negative sheet and allowed it to dry, then sprayed it with mica sprays.


 
Cleaned up the ink with card and liked it so much that I added a little more.

 
So it took me quite a way, ending not only with a Masterboard but a stencil, some nice coloured card and an embossing folder.
Good Ha!
 
All I have to do now is decide what to make with the Masterboard.
I love it and I hope you will do too.
 
Happy crafting,
Angela x




7 comments:

Carole Z said...

Wow Angela, you have achieved so much with these dies..absolutely brilliant, love it all but especially the stencil with the ink sprays! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog at the weekend, hugs Carole Z XX

Redanne said...

Well that little journey certainly produced some fabulous results! The embossed and sprayed piece is just stunning. Look forward to seeing what you produce from these beauties now. Anne xx

Ruth said...

Another lovely master board Angela, love the colours and great use of the die cut waste and embossing paste. Yummy texture! Ruth x

pam said...

Hi Angela, well cannot wait to see what you produce with your playing..am liking the look of the stencil and colours.
pam

froebelsternchen said...

brilliant and inspiring !
Curous about the ready pieces in the end!
xxx
Susi
FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA

Sue said...

I love it. The characters are fab and I love the verse.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue 30

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

It sounds like you had a blast! I love all the pieces you came up with and am sure you'll eventually incorporate them into a marvelous creation. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10