Friday 4 November 2016

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

When we were in the park this week we saw this, a cormorant. We do see them occasionally which means there must be fish in the lake. This one was sat right at the top of this tree which is unusual as they are normally in the water or drying their wings. Maybe he thought he could get a better view of the fish from up there.


 
They seem to have the look of some creature saved from the Stone Age.
I think it's the long neck and beak that makes them look rather primitive. Just the same it makes me smile to see them though I'm not sure the anglers would agree Lol!
 
 
 
It seems to have been a week for birds as the next photo will show.
 
Mr Robin, always got plenty to say!
 
 
My friends in the park.

 
Crow or Rook?

 
New ducks too.
 
 
But not just park stuff because we did have an evening out too!

 
Now that would make anyone smile!
 Fashion show and sales on behalf of Breast Cancer Research.
This little group seem to get everywhere Lol!

 
I must say I did find a little something nice.
 
 So that's it for today.

 Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.
 
Angela x

10 comments:

Annie said...

I'm doing my visits with a mask on today....I don't want to pass this cold on to anyone.
Your birds really have cheered me up this morning. That cormorant looks really prehistoric....stunning. And robins always make me smile. :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Robyn Oliver said...

Happy Friday Angela, great bird pics, I was busy showing Sophie the seagulls this week, she's quite a fan of the ibis that grazing in our gardens and now we have the hens - it's all a big learning game. Glad you enjoyed your night out with the fund raiser too. Enjoy your weekend Cheers Robyn

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Happy Smile Day, enjoyed the photos. I wanted to visit our refuge area before it closed the 31st as so many birds pass thru this time of year, but we never took the drive. Cool Crisp fall day here so far but to be in 60's next few days. A great thing for November in Iowa. Enjoy a fun weekend.

Lisca said...

Lovely to see all those birds, especially the cormorant.
That looks like a great charity shop thing. But you didn't show us what little thing you bought....
Have a good weekend,
Lisca

pam said...

Wonderful photos Angela, love seeing your birds..
Have a wonderful weekend.
Pam x

Redanne said...

I love your Friday smiles, perhaps not the Cormorant so much but I love the little robin! Well done for finding something at the Fashion Show too. Hope you have a lovely weekend, we have visitors again! Hugs, Anne xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely post, Angela. The cormorant is fabulous but my favourite (and the country's I believe) is the robin. And the fashion show is for such a good cause - glad you found something new for your wardrobe. Have a great weekend. Elizabeth xx

Twiglet said...

Cormorants always look a bit scary but they have beautiful sheen on their feathers - my favourite of course is the robin! x Jo

mamapez5 said...

Lovely bird photos Angela. We see the comorants sitting on a rock down on Mojacar Playa, but I have never seen one up in a tree! I too love the robin. I have some nice photos of the water birds in ireland to show next week. Kate x

Jackie PN said...

Looks like it truly was a fun Friday!!
Thanks for sharing your adventures!
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10